This Crockpot Chicken Alfredo is a lightened up version of a classic recipe and the slow cooker does all the work for you!
Allow me to introduce you to one of my favorite foodies- Ari from Ari’s Menu! Her blog is amazing- I want to make pretty much every recipe she posts…and her pictures are incredible. She even took the time to give me some photography tips when I bought Lightroom and was totally lost. Today she’s stopping by to share an easy crockpot recipe with you guys that’s perfect for the upcoming cold winter nights!
Rich and creamy chicken alfredo with ultra tender shredded chicken made in your slow cooker! This is a lightened-up version of your favorite comfort food that will leave your body and your taste buds happy!
Hi guys! My name is Ari and I blog over at Ari’s Menu sharing (mostly) healthy recipes, especially healthy comfort foods. I’m so grateful to Lindsay for the opportunity to share with you guys today! I’ve been a huge fan of Lindsay’s blog for a long time, and I’m glad I get to hang out and chat in her space today. 😉
Back in the day, one of my favorite foods was fettuccine alfredo. My family went out for a lot of Italian food, and rich, creamy sauce with carby pasta was a staple in my diet, and one of the biggest things I missed when I started living a healthier life.
A couple of years ago, I set out to develop my own alfredo sauce that kept all of the taste without all of the calories. I remember the first time my husband and I sat down to dinner to eat this “Fettuccine” Alfredo (<— it uses spaghetti squash for the noodles, and it’s still one of my all time favorite recipes!), and I about flipped my lid because it tasted like real alfredo sauce! I mean, I guess that’s the point, but I was super stoked.
You see, I haven’t always been a cook. In fact, for most of my life, my diet consisted of Taco Bell and Kraft macaroni and cheese. I learned to cook because I wanted to eat healthier, and I’ve always been a creative person, so I just kind of accidentally fell in love with creating recipes, but I still expect them to fail 90% of the time. And they do. A lot. So when something comes out right the first time, it is definitely a pleasant surprise!
Anyway, this sauce has become a comfort staple in my life, and when I wanted some comfort food waiting in the crockpot for me when I came home during a long week, I threw this together in the crockpot, added a little Greek yogurt to it once I got home, along with some steamed broccoli (and by steamed, I mean the kind in the bag that you put in the microwave, because crockpot = I ain’t doin’ no cooking!) and voila! Perfectly tender chicken, rich creamy sauce, and green with practically no work on my part!
Crockpot Alfredo Chicken
Perfectly tender chicken, rich creamy sauce, and green with practically no work on your part
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3–4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup white wine (optional, otherwise sub more almond milk)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (+ extra for serving, if desired)
- salt & pepper
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- steamed broccoli, for serving
- freshly chopped parsley, for serving
- To make the alfredo sauce, coat a medium sauce pan with olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add cream cheese, milk, wine, and parmesan cheese. Whisk constantly until well combined. Add a pinch each salt and pepper.
- Place chicken at the bottom of your slow cooker. Cover with sauce. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt and cornstarch. Let stand for 5 minutes. Remove chicken and shred. Return shredded chicken to sauce. Add Greek yogurt / cornstarch mixture and stir to combine. Serve immediately with steamed broccoli, fresh parsley and extra parmesan cheese if desired. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
Thanks for hanging out with me today! If you’d like some more healthy comfort food, please come say hi.
[Tweet “Dinner is served! Crockpot Chicken Alfredo from @arismenu and @leangrnbeanblog!”]
Huge thanks to Ari for sharing her brilliance with us today! I can’t wait to give this recipe a try!
LEARN HOW FOOD AFFECTS YOUR BODY.
Get my free Table Talk email series where I share bite-sized nutrition information about carbs, protein, and fat, plus bonus information about snacks and sugar!